“The only thing that you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library.” ― Albert EinsteinCarrollton Public LibraryOne North Folger StreetCarrollton, MO 64633660-542-0183Now on Facebook under Carrollton Public Libraryhttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Carrollton-Public-Library/127287750675022
The Carrollton Public Library's mission is to be the hub of information, education and recreation for the community.
* * * * * *
WHY SUMMER READING PROGRAMS ARE IMPORTANT!
1. Having parents who role-model reading or own a large book collection has a greater impact on kids' reading frequency than household income. – The Kids and Family Reading Report 4th edition conducted by Harrison Group and Scholastic. 2012.
2. It's estimated that the summer slide accounts for as much as 85% of the reading achievement gap between lower-income students and their middle- and upper-income peers.– Allington, R., and A. McGill-Franzen. Why summer matters in the rich/poor achievement gap. 2009.
3. Teachers typically spend between four to six weeks reteaching material that students have forgotten over the summer.– Alexander, K. L. Entwisle, and L.S. Olson. Lasting consequences of the summer learning gap. April 2007.
4. Third-graders who can't read on grade level are four times less likely to graduate by age 18 than a proficient reader.– Hernandez, D.J. Annie E. Casey Foundation. 2011.
5. INTERACTION!! Between parents/caregivers, library staff, Friends members, volunteers and the community HEROES we celebrate this summer! - Sue Lightfoot, Director, Carrollton Public Library
Mrs. Emde's 4th grade Business Partners Class delivering May Day baskets!Thanks!
* * * * * *
Every week on Tuesday and Friday at 10 am, the Library hosts story time for early literacy readers and parents/caregivers. Stories, activities, and fun are in store for you this spring!
* * * * * * *
DID YOU KNOW?? The Carroll County Genealogy Association will be meeting next Tuesday, July 21st at 7 pm in the main library. They meet every other month at the library and would love to hear your family's story! Join us as every meeting is open to the public!
DID YOU KNOW??? The library's ebook consortium, www.molib2go.org now offers NEW STREAMING VIDEO!! How ridiculously cool is that? Your next movie is just a click away!